DJ DiDonna helps us approach taking REAL time off and evolving our identity along with our career.
Whether you’re feeling like you need to take time off, or if you’re curious about what sabbaticals are and why they might be good for both you and your organization, have a listen. You’ll learn about how your interests and identity can evolve along with your career, but not be bound by your career.
Links & resources mentioned
• Send episode feedback on Twitter @askotzko , or via email
• #59 Kenny Borg: Identity transformation and embodying fulfillment
People & orgs:
• Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life
• Transitions: Making Sense of Life's Changes
• Pivot: The Only Move That Matters Is Your Next One
• How Will You Measure Your Life?
• TED talk: Stefan Sagmeister: The power of time off
• DJ’s TEDx talk: Sabbaticals: Time [off] well spent
• LinkedIn career break feature
• Research: “The three meanings of meaning in life: Distinguishing coherence, purpose, and significance”
• Exercise: 2022 Reflection + 2023 Goal Setting
This is a public episode. If you would like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit blog.makethingsthatmatter.com